Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday

I helped run the Masters practice this morning by coaching the lower lanes. I saw a lot of what I had done wrong in the past and tried to let the swimmers know about it. I suggested what I had done for myself to correct their issues.

After practice and breakfast at Charlie's I had to work for half a day.

After work I went to the gym to swim and run.

Swim 2800 meters, one of my favorite swims cut short, I had somewhere to be.

600 warm up
300 straight
2X150
300
3X100
300
4X75
300
100 cool down

Run on treadmill
3.6 miles 30 min 143

Completed my split of friday's 1 hour run to 2 runs. I'll run tomorrow and be up to 5 runs per week. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I might go out to maybury and mountain bike for a while then get about a 10 mile run in.

Still planning on starting more serious training in the middle of November so untill then, I consider this my prep period where I will put a lot of focus on easy running and swim volume.

I have also tasked myself with losing 8lbs by June. I feel I have about 4lbs of fat to lose, I will probably find it difficult to lose any more. I was 145lbs at 19 years old right after I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp. We'll see where I am in a couple of months. I've allready started to make better food choices.

No comments: