Saturday, April 30, 2005

End of month totals for April

Another good month of training. I feel very heathly.



Swim 50100 yds in 16:20:59

Bike 361.9 in 19:41:02

Run 135.8 in 19:09:55



Total of 55:11:56



I was a little lighter on the swim this month but I tapered for the Master State Championships and got lazy some weeks.



Bikewise, there has been quite a bit of nasty weather and the time not spent on the bike was spent resting and reading new books. I really wanted to get a lot of base miles in and get ahead of the game. I've worked so hard on my run that when racing season starts, I want to be able to use that speed and not feel blasted by the bike ride.



Running has gone really well. I've reached my max planned weekly miles (35) and am going to start incorporating BT workouts a little bit wiser now. The stress of increasing mileage is gone and quality will start going up. My knees and ankles feel good and I'm just about ready to change shoes since my Kayano X's have about 450 miles in them. I've got another pair just like them and will start phasing them in over the next few weeks.

No comments: