Monday, April 11, 2005

Another week's planning

Because of my new ATP, this week will be another easy week. I really welcome it cuz I'm pretty tired from 16.5 hrs last week, that is a big week for me. I'll get the totals up when I get home.



I've noticed that in my 4 week cycles that I'm pretty strong for two weeks, then the third week is kind of so-so and then the easy week is really needed. So it seems like I'm losing a week of training every 4 weeks. Scheduling 3 week cycles only gives an extra rest week every 12 weeks without having the so-so week. The net productive training time is higher and the quality of training seems higher too.



The tenative training plan for this week goes like this:



Mon Swim 2000yds

Tue Bike 20 miles, run 5 miles

Wed Swim 2000yds, run 10 miles

Thu Swim 2000yds, bike 20 (opt)

Fri Run 4 miles (lunch time) Swim Meet friday evening 500yds and 1650yds

Sat Swim Meet 200yds, 100yds, 200yd free relay

Sun Swim Meet 2 more relays, bike 20-40 miles, run 5 miles



This is subject to change depending on how I feel. I may add or drop workouts as I see fit.

No comments: