Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thursday's race pace run

5 miles, 40:15, Ave HR 160.



1 mile warmup (8:58)

3 miles hard (7:36,7:26,7:18)

1 mile cool down (8:57)



I really wanted to see what kind of speed I could hold for the three miles and am getting closer to my goal of 7:00 min/miles. My legs felt kind of heavy and that's probably cuz it's my third week in the cycle. Also, I noticed that my HR wasn't as high as the last test I did, the ave HR for the last mile was 173 and I expected it to be higher. Next week has a test again, I expect to see faster times than the last one and a slightly lower HR. Probably consistant 7:20's with an ave HR of 175, we'll see soon.



An easy run is scheduled for saturday and intervals on the treadmill for sunday. Since I have monday off of work I may do an easy run with the tri-club depending on the weather.

No comments: