Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday's training

Due to unforeseen events I had to shift things around a bit and not train on friday. I also wasn't able to swim with FAST this morning so I had to swim by myself.



Today, I ran 6.2 miles, planned to run easy but I got running behind some guy at the gym and I just kept up the pace. I wound up at 46:57 for 10k which is a pr for me. I still want to drop 5 minutes off of that and I think it will be a long stretch for me to do so but I'm going to keep chipping away at that time. After the run I swam easy for 1500 yds in 28 minutes.



Next week starts my new training cycle with the intention of doing the Muncie Endurathon as my first A race. Goals for the race are :30 for the swim, 2:35 for the bike and 1:45 for the run. Those times plus transitions should get me under 5 hours. My first couple of base periods are going to be 4 weeks long, the last base will be 3 weeks as well as both of my build periods. Right now I have 2 weeks of peak scheduled but that's mainly just in case I get sick and fall back a week. I am seriously considering a running coach if I continue this plateau that I'm on. My next two cycles will dictate weather that happens or not.

No comments: