Thursday, January 06, 2005

Thursday run

Planned 6-8 miles at 9 min/mile and wound up running 9 miles cuz I felt pretty good. Got to Bally's early again and had a clear track to run on.



Todays run was 9 miles, 1:21:01, Ave HR 153 middle zone 2.



I did some reading and found an interesting article on pacing for base runs. It said to run at 125 to 135 percent of your LTHR run speed. That would put me at about 9:20 to 9:40 which I feel is too slow but I have been running 8:30's which I felt was too fast for a base run so I compromised with the 9 min/mile pace which felt pretty good and kept the HR about 155. That seemed about right for my level of percieved effort.

I'll post the link to the info when I find it again. This guy has been on Slowtwitch and has many interesting things to say. Seems to be an authority on the subject.

No comments: