Saturday, January 08, 2005

A good start to weekend training

Swam with the club this morning, mostly freestyle sets 3500yds, 1:20:00. Lane 4 #3 and #4 in line. Had a good time, felt really strong. The underwater camera wasn't available today because of technical difficulties, maybe next week. A newspaper reporter was at the swim taking pictures to go with a story he was writing about triathlon training.



Had breakfast with the club at Charlies' Grill. I allways have a great time there being able to talk about training and learning new things. Still working on my schedule for the summer and may have found a different race in August. Some club members may go down to Arkansas for a Half IM and it may be fun to go with them. I'll have to research it and see.



Ran today at Bally's track, 5 miles 40:25 HR 163. 1 mile warm up, 3 miles race pace (ave 7:35), 1 mile cool down. Felt pretty good but I was definitely pushing the pace for me. I've been stretching a lot lately and have found that in the last 2-3 weeks I have been very flexible and it seems to be getting better every time. (I just thought that was interesting)

No comments: