Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday

Bike 22.8 miles 1:14 HR 140



It was allmost 50 deg F outside and I had to take advantage of the warmer weather, we haven't been getting it lately. It was still a little on the chilly side for me but tolorable.



Without having a powermeter it's difficult to judge an exact effort but I know my body pretty well and know that I need to be about a certain speed and HR to get an effective workout.



About 20 min of warm up and then about 40 min above 145 bpm then about 5 min of cool down. It was getting dark and was time to get home, I knew it would cool off as soon as the sun set.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Jaret,

I noticed that you often post heart rates for your running and cycling workouts. Have you ever tried using your heart rate monitor while swimming?

jaretj said...

The only time that I have used the HRM during swimming is when I have a wetsuit on. Any other time the strap would just slide down to my waist.

For running, I run to a pace and record the HR, different from past years. For cycling, I try to stay above a certain HR cuz I get lazy while cycling. This summer I will be riding to certain paces like I do for running.