Friday, March 10, 2006

Last Hockey Tournament :(

My son is 16 years old now and this will probably be the last full season of Hockey for him. He is the Drum Major for his high school marching band and next season he will be in charge of the whole band. Because of this, we won't be able to go to hockey practices and games untill November which is about half way through the hockey season.



Tonight we get to go to Port Huron (Michigan) for the end of the season tournament. Luckily, there is a lap pool there so I have a place to swim. I'll just run on the road to get my running fix.



The kid is getting older and has one year of high school left and then it's college time. Probably a local college for 2 years and then Eastern Michigan University for the last 2 years for a teaching degree. It's funny that most of his friends' parents are 10 to 15 years older than me (I'm 38, 39 according to USAT) and they still have little ones too. I don't plan on having any more kids which makes it difficult to date anyone near my age. A lot of ladies near my age have got their careers set and want to start a family now so I normally don't date anyone that is younger then me.



Back to the weekend. I'll try to find a spinning bike at the hotel to get an hour in and should be able to get 2 swims in. I'll have to wear a pair of shorts over my speedo so I don't embarrass my son while walking to the pool, that would be funny :) One game friday night, two on saturday and if we make the finals, one game on sunday. The team has played really well this season so I would expect to make the finals. After today I probably won't have any updates untill monday unless the hotel has wireless access.



Wish us luck

No comments: