Sunday, March 26, 2006

More swim times State meet 2006

I didn't do any training at all this weekend so I could be at my best for the swim meet.

Saturday
100 free 1:12
50 free in the 200 free relay :30

Sunday
200 free 2:39
50 fly in the 200 medley relay :41
100 back 1:42, I could have gone faster
50 free :29
1000 free 15:13

Overall I did very well for me in the long distance stuff but my short swims weren't as fast as I hoped they'd be. I was dissapointed with my 50 and 100 free times although they are the fastest times I've ever swam.

I am so wiped out right now I'll probably fall asleep after watching the bike race. 9 events total with 5 of them today.

4 comments:

Crackhead said...

Congratulations on the swim times! How can you be disappointed at "fastest times ever?" Plus, it's not like "all" you do is swim :) You are awesome, and you deserve the veg time, enjoy it!

Joe said...

http://jaretj.blogspot.com/

Hey Jaret, congrats on the good times!

I just stumbled across your blog today. I was searching for one like mine all over the internet and I finally found it! Well, actually, I don't do any cycling but I am an avid masters swimmer and I also do some competitive running.

Keep up the good work and the blogging. I'll probably add your blog to my blog roll soon!

BTW, my blog is called "See Joe Run, See Joe Swim" (I should probably call it "See Joe Swim, See Joe Run"). It's at http://cyboc.blogspot.com

Cheers!

jaretj said...

Thanks guys, I'm allways trying to get better, I don't have to win but without setting high expectations I don't think I would do as well. It's hard to believe that 3 years ago I could barely make it accross a 20 yard pool.

Isis said...

Hi Jaret,

I found your blog through the cyboc site, and congrats on your swim times. I used to swim for Ann Arbor Masters, and some of my friends from there competed in this meet this weekend too.

Good luck with the swimming and triathlon (I don't do those anymore--lousy runner), and keep writing!

cp