Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tuesday

I traded some run time for bike time today



32.3 miles 1:35 (20.4mph) HR 135. I wanted some more tempo time today so I took an extra 30 minutes for the bike.



It seems to me that I have the same strength as last year on the hills but am much stronger on the flat sections than I've ever been, it's not unusual to ride 22-23 on most flat sections and not notice it. I feel some of this is from the new aero bars but my HR is still much lower than it has historically been. I've been guaging my effort based on HR more this year and normally try to hold 140 for most of the ride, the exceptions for this is climbing where it will get up into the 160's. Since most of my higher priority races are flat, this is probably a good thing but the Pineman route is a bit more hilly and I'll need more strength for that. I have some time trials comming up that I can to for the HR testing.



Next year I've got plans for the DeSoto Triple T which is really hilly so I will be in the weight room this winter.

No comments: