Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday

Swam during lunch, just brisk, 1500yds 27:00, Helped a friend a bit. Just taking it easy.



Bike 38.4 miles in 1:50:00, HR 147. Rode moderate to start with and then pretty fast for the last 10 miles. I brought the average speed from 19.1 to 20.9 in that stretch, rode mostly 24's to 25's, just was having some fun and wanted to see what I could do this early in the season, had the HR in the high 150's to low 160's most of that time. Picked up a drafter that I couldn't shake off and it turned out he is a local bike racer taking it easy, nice guy, he gave me a compliment on my riding style, said I was a pretty smooth rider.



Made a choice today to bike instead of run. This is an easy week and I feel that I'm ahead on running and behind on biking so I opted for the bike ride. Great day outside again, it was 68 when I left home. Looks like the nice weather is going to continue over the weekend. :)

No comments: