Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Tire problems

I've had some problems with tires lately, not from bad tires but from road conditions.



The first tire (the closer one) was my front tire that I damaged last week. The last mile of my rides has a lot of broken concrete on the shoulder, I've had some pinch flats from the holes before but this time I actually tore the sidewall of the tire.



The second tire is my rear tire. I rolled over a big piece of glass last night and put a 1/2 inch cut in the tread. The glass was under a bridge where it was dark so I couldn't see it. I had to put a dollar bill in the tire (actually a five) to hold the tube in so I could get home. That's why I rode 32 miles last night instead of 40. I also had to baby the bike home so it wouldn't rip any further.



I really like those tires and got a good deal on them from ebay. Think I paid $36 for the pair and I only had about 1000 miles on them. I've used them exclusively for 2 years now. I replaced the front with a used tire that I allready had and bought a Gatorskin for the rear. I've heard some good things about the Gatorskins so I figured I'd give it a try. $35 wasn't too hard to swallow for that tire.

No comments: