Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday lunch swim aka "Race day at Ballys"

2000yds straight 34:19

500 splits 8:46,8:31,8:29,8:33



I had a pool racer in the lane next to me today so I had to swim a little bit faster. He started off after I had done 500 yds, zoomed past me and then started to fade after 6 or 7 laps. We swam side by side for the next 10 laps and I would gain about half a second on every turn, then he would swim hard to get in front of me again to be passed on the next turn. Finally he died off and I finished my last 500 near the same pace. I thought it was pretty funny cuz while I was swimming in zone 3, he looked to be swimming quite hard.



Looks like some unfriendly weather this weekend again so if the weather is nice when I get off of work, I'm going to try to do the run/bike/run today. I feel plenty rested right now. Next week I'm still thinking of doing a duathlon so that will be the BT for that weekend.

No comments: