Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday bike and run

Made up the bike ride from yesterday, pretty windy outside 17.7 miles in 51:16 HR 148.



Run 6 miles in 49:13 HR 156, pretty close to top of zone 2 pushing into lower zone 3, kind of wanted to work on foot speed and pacing a little for this weekend. Neg split run by 1:27



I had moved my aero bars down 1/2 inch last tuesday and I like the newer position but I'm about to move them back up cuz I don't want to fool around with my seat right now. I'm going to race a duathlon this weekend, (oh yea, I signed up for that one I had mentioned earlier) and getting the seat right may take a few days. It seems to need to go forward a little bit and then probably up slightly.



I've finally moved to a new pair of every-day running shoes. 516 miles on my first pair of Asics Kayano X's and they have done their job really well. I am very happy with them and will probably still use them for trail running, they are still my favorite shoe. I've kind of gotten attached to them just like a lot my older pairs of shoes. I've still got every pair of trainers that I've seriously run in and they bring back memories of my first two years. My first pair or running shoes I still use as every day shoes, I don't think they will ever die.

No comments: