Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday

Swim for the first time in lane 5 today. Started up as a warm-up and then since we had a lot of free intervals, some people moved up to lane 4 for their workout so I had to stay in 5 since there was only 4 people there and 7 people in lane 4.



3700yds

600 warm up (200S,200K,200S)

16X50 IM order (I mostly swam free)

16X100 free on 1:40

100 free easy

8X50 kick

200 cooldown



Bike 37.25 miles today in 1:52:16, 19.8mph, HR 133. Out to Angle and 7 mile. A little breezy in the beginning and then comming back with the wind was nice. Didn't ride anything near as hard as I did yesterday and felt really good. Planned to ride 2.5 to 3 hours but I started counting up training time this week and I'll be way over what is planned allready so I cut back to 2 hrs. I still have a short run to do tonight.



Started to experiment with GU20 for the last couple of days and still have mixed feelings about it. It doesn't have a very strong taste and I think I'm drinking just water. It seems to work better with GU than Gatorade in a sense that my stomach feels better when combining them, and I think that's because the calories are comming from maltodextrin. I'll try it on the longer runs to see how I feel with it but since it isn't available at the races I won't rely on it.

No comments: