Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tuesday

Beautiful day outside finally. It got up over 60 degrees for a while.



I started the day with an easy run on Hines drive, 5.3 miles 45:50 HR 152 (8:38 pace). Uneventful, I was just using the run for junk miles and a warm up for my bike ride.



Bike was 17.6 miles 54:00 HR 143. There was a headwind going out and I felt pretty strong going into it so I rode at a pace to keep my HR near 145. On the way back I was up 2 gears and still held the same HR.



I was expecting to be slower on the bike cuz of the time off over the winter but I seem to be pretty close to where I was at the end of last season. Because of the increase in speed, I feel that I wasn't strong enough to turn over the gear that I wanted to going over some on the hills. I seem to have the strength of last season but with more cardiovascular endurance. Got to do some thinking on this issue.

No comments: