Saturday, March 19, 2005

Saturday's swim and run

The FAST swim was a bit short today (2400yds) cuz we did some fun relays after a short workout. I'm not sure if I'm going to finish out my weekly yardage tomorrow or not. I've only got 12000yds in for the week.



I seem to have some problems with the shorter distances, 50's, 100's and I think it's cuz I don't really do that many short intervals. I seem to struggle with those distances while I'm fairly strong swimming 300's and above. Maybe it's time to add in some shorter speed intervals into the mix. Maybe on my short day. I also feel that I need some work on basics too, I seem to feel that I could be more efficient than I am now even though this is the best I've ever swam.



I ran in the evening at the track cuz of the rain and decided to kick it up a bit and see what I could do. I've been good and have kept most of my training near my Aet and needed a change for today. 5 miles, 37:54, HR 162 but it took two miles to get the HR up, mile splits were 8:03 145bpm, 7:38 158bpm, 7:26 165bpm, 7:26 168bpm, 7:21 171bpm. I wasn't breathing all that hard but my legs were wearing down somewhat. I've started to catch up on some sleep but I feel I'm only at 90% right now. This is also my third hard week and am ready for an easy week to recover somewhat.



Tomorrow I get to sleep in a bit, hopefully it's dry outside to I can get out to do the training. Looking to do a brick tomorrow 90min/45min.

No comments: