Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekend training

A good weekend despite the shorter training hours.



Saturday swim with the club, kind of short but hard:

600 warm up

3X225 pull @ 4:00



5X100 sprints

My times 1:25 1:26 1:26 1:26 1:25



That's about 5 seconds faster that I have ever sprinted, maybe next time I will get under 1:20



Also, I got my stroke video taped on saturday morning. One guy from the club critiqued my stroke, there were 2 things he noticed. 1: My arms were only bent about 45 degrees during the pull and 2: I was pulling some air that had stuck to my left hand on the entry. Honestly I was looking for more problems with that cuz I wanted an easy way to get faster, Oh well, I'll work on those two things untill I can get taped again.



Saturday night we had our club Christmas party at Madonna University. Got a cool T-shirt, the hors d'oeuvre were great and met Sheila Taormina. She had a motivational speech for us and stayed after to answer questions and to say hello to everyone. She is a real class act, everything that I expected of her.



Sunday I ran for 6 miles, about 57 minutes, HR 148, knee started to hurt again, don't really know why. I'll give it a few days off again.

No comments: