Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Ironman Florida Pictures

Starting from the bottom



My dad (Norman), he made sure I had everything I needed for the race. He drove me around everywhere, dropped me off, picked me up, discussed strategies, took pictures, got food, generally everything. All I had to do was concentrate on the race. Without him there I would have had a hard time, Thank you very much.



Bill Terski: A new friend I met a month or so before the race, great guy. Check out the surf behind him, that was thursday morning's Gatorade swim. We were a bit worried. Waves were rolling 4 to 5 feet but after we got past the breaking waves it wasn't too bad.



Bill and Roman were goofing around taking pictures to kill the time before the race.



Me just after airing up the tires. It was pretty chilly that morning.



Me putting on an extra bottle cage. I took it off the day before but decied to put it back on that morning. It was a good thing because I broke the right rear cage at the beginning of the bike leg.



Race morning, Bill and I getting wetsuits on.



Thursday or friday morning Gatorade swim. (I think thursday)



Me on the bike somewhere after the special needs station. I could have gone much harder on the bike than I did. Look, I can ride in a straight line.



Me at the beginning of the run. I slammed down a half a bottle of Gatorade in the last 5 miles of the bike and was really full for the beginning of the run. I think I skipped a couple of aid stations because of that.



Just after the turn-around on the first loop. I felt pretty good.



Just after the turn-around on the second loop. My knee was starting to bother me by then but other than that I felt good.



Me at the finish. I walked for about 4 miles but I wanted to run accross the finish line.



A bunch of Michigan guys at one of the morning swims, we were missing Bill. (I think friday morning)



Dinner thursday night. Sorry I couldn't remember Heather's mom's name.

No comments: