Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tuesday's run 30 min Time Trial

I had debated on running the time trial today and decided to do it. The reason I considered putting it off untill thursday was the fact that I did a swim TT yesterday and thought I wouldn't be ready for it. I did a resting HR this morning and came up with a 52, which is normal for me so I went for it.



1 mile warm up

30 min TT as fast as I can run a consistant speed and take the average of the last 20 min.

4 miles (7:34,7:33,7:28,7:25) last 20 min ave of 179bpm. This is a little above what I expected but I'm not surprised at all since sunday's run gave me similar numbers.

1 mile cool down.



I had been suspecting that my LT had gone up but had not tested it since last May at which time I had a LT of 168. This directly falls in line with my PE for all of my recent runs, comfirming what I felt to be the right training zones for me.



Now armed with this new information I can continue with training for more speed. I guess all I have to do now is the bike test but it is so cold outside and I haven't been riding much at all so testing on the bike wouldn't be of much use.

No comments: