Thursday, December 23, 2004

Thursday's run

Well, I broke down and bought another pair of shoes. The 1090's seemed good in the beginning but I still had a knee problem and everything I have been reading has pointed to the shoes. My intention was to get a pair of Asics 2100's, I had them picked out and ready to go but I wanted to try on a pair of Kayano's too. After putting them on and jogging around with them for a few minutes it was clear that the Kayano X was the shoe for me. I know they were more money but after running on them today I feel it's well worth it. The shoe guy I see pointed out an issue with my 1090's. On the right shoe, inside arch, you can see that the shoe is starting to break down allready. There are only 51 miles on them.



Today's run was a tempo run, 5 miles treadmill #5

mile 1 9:30 warm up

mile 2 8:00

mile 3 8:00

mile 4 7:30

mile 5 9:00 cool down



Ave HR was 151 but that was from the warm up and cool downs, the middle miles were about 162 to 165. While I was running I wasn't breathing hard but I think I was on the edge of it. I think I can to 7:30's next time without any problems.



One special note on today's run was while stretching before and after, I was very flexable, even more so afterwards.

No comments: