Friday, November 04, 2005

Thursday 11-4

Swim during lunch

2100yds with paddles (not the whole swim)



Run 7 miles 55:35 HR 157, top of zone 2



It is so much easier to run with a higher intensity at the track so I constantly have to slow myself down. I was running 8 min/miles pretty consistantly for the first 5 miles then let myself run what I felt was comfortable for the last 2 miles. They were about 7:40's. HR was a bit high for the last 2 miles too.



I've been running in my DS Trainers for the last 2 weeks and really like them although I still feel like they aren't enough shoe for me for long outdoor runs. I'm looking to go to a lighter shoe than the Kayano for my long distance. Looking through catalogs it seems that the Asics Gel Foundation may be the next choice for me. I'll be going to the running store soon to try on some new stuff. I really like the Kayano's but the $130 price tag is killing me and if I don't need them anymore why should I buy them.



I've noticed that my flat foot isn't as flat as it used to be. Now when I get out of the pool, my footprint has an arch in it. Instead of looking like a duck footprint, it's starting to look more like everyone else's. I've also noticed over the last few months that my foot is getting shorter. Shoes that were tight on me before fit well now and my normal shoes are seeming kind of big. My foot moves around in my Kayano's and I may need to go 1/2 size smaller.



I hope that is good news --- :|

No comments: