Friday, February 09, 2007

The week

I had a bit of a muscle spasm in my left quad so I took it easy this week.

Monday
Run 6 miles 52 minutes HR 143

Tuesday
Swim 2000 meters 42 minutes

Wednesday
Run 5 miles 42 minutes HR 148

Thursday
Run 5.2 miles 45 minutes HR 139
Swim 2500 Meters 55 minutes

Friday
Run 5.6 miles 45 minutes HR 145
I got some new shoes. The new Asics DS Trainer 12, the jury is still out with them as I only have 5.6 miles on them but they feel light. I will rotate with the 2120's that I have. They actually feel "cushier" than the 2120's.

Swim tonight at Franklin HS with LALA
Swim easy tomorrow with FAST, Run 1 hour easy ~ 7 miles
Swim meet on Sunday morning, swimming 3 events plus maybe 2 relays (1500m, 400m, 100m, 200 medly relay, 200 free relay)
Probably run 1 hour easy in the evening ~ 7 miles


It was nice to hear another compliment today from one of the instructors at LTF that I have a lot of respect for. Denise said I looked cut when I was running. She is the best spin instructor that I know of plus she is the nutrionalist that was recommended to me by a good friend. I need to make an appointment with her to work on the quality of my nutrition. I've gotten down to my goal weight but still want to eat for performance and I need some help with that.

Changes in my diet recently have included:
Eating oatmeal with some walnuts for breakfast (plus some brown sugar for taste)
More protein with dinner including about 4 oz or chicken or beef.
Drinking milk instead of water at breakfast and in the evening.
Dropping the amount of rice I eat with dinner.
Dropping the Cheerios from breakfast. Sometimes I eat them as a snack though.

No comments: