Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wednesday's long run

Run 12.5 miles 1:43:46 HR 143

Back outside again!!! It's so much better than running on the squirrel cage. I felt good and did my best to hold the pace down but still ran quicker than planned.

Worked on quick turnover during the run and when I did I really had to concentrate on shortening my steps to keep from going too fast. Several times I checked my turnover and I was at 180 to 182 spm. Origional plan was 2 hours or 14 miles but I was getting cold (as I went out lightly dressed) so I took my shortcut and cut 1.5 miles from the run. On the way back I just ran comfortable near an 8:10 pace.

The weather doesn't look pleasant today so I will be back indoors for a little while. It's supposed to be nice again on sunday.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Is that squirrel cage or hamster wheel?

jaretj said...

He He Har Har Har :P