Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Run - Bike - Run

Run
45 minutes 5.2 miles HR 145
I talked a lot during this run so the HR was a little high.

Bike
Cycle 60 spin Aerobic Endurance HR 131

Run
60 minutes 7 miles HR 141

I got over 50 miles this week in 8 runs and it's the biggest running week that I've had to date. I didn't plan this but I noticed last night that if I ran a double that I could make it.

Last night I started to seriously work on my running cadence. It seems that I was running at 172-174 spm pretty consistantly and am trying to push that up to 180. The steps seem so small that I feel like I could allmost step on my other foot with each stride. My legs hurt a little bit differently where my inner quads are a bit sore. My hamstrings and butt hurt the same. Hopefully this should pass soon, maybe in a few weeks.

I don't plan to keep running 50 miles as 7 hours of running is a large chunk of my total training time. When it gets warm enough my biking will take some of the running time away.

No comments: