Monday, January 09, 2006

Saturday

Saturday

Run 3 miles a little brisk, just wanted to get it done. Somewhere around 24 minutes HR 155.



Swim: Did a clinic at Cranbrook with a great coach named Scott Hedges. Listening to him and his other coaches really helped. I was looking for some magic that would take 5 sec off of my 100 splits but that didn't happen.



Problems they did find with me:

When I breathe, I drop my breathing side arm.

My left arm is a bit wide on entry.

I need to enter my hands a little cleaner and try to get a slight outsweep.



They had some pretty cool toys there. There were these poles on the side of the pool with harnesses that would hold you back while you swam over a mirror. That way you could watch yourself swim in place and see exactly what the coaches were saying. They had a Tivo video system that filmed your stroke from above and below the water, a video was done from the front too, a coach then critiqued your stroke.



A good experience, I would do it again if given the chance.

No comments: