Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sylvania Triathlon

I took yesterday off cuz I wanted to be rested for this race, I figured I could set a PR for an olympic distance here, it's really flat.



Well I really can't call it a PR but I did have a very good race. The bike course was 2 miles short cuz of construction but adding about 5.5 minutes would bring it up to the same as a 24.8 ride would be.



Swim: Solid swim for me, no-wetsuit 26:51. Started easy and drafted, he died then found another pair of feet, he died, found a third pair and he died soon afterwards. That was in the first 600yds, after that I swam by myself and passed about 15 other people that went out too hard. Just before the last turn with 300yds to go I started kicking harder and passed a few more people. I swam right up to shore and felt strong so I ran pretty fast to T1.



Bike: Average bike ride for me, 22.8 miles in 1:02:21, I held off on the bike to be strong for the run which is my weakest event. Bike ride was about the same speed as last year's race. Ave HR was 163.



Run: I had a good run, wanted to run under 47:00, figured I would run a 48:00 but I wound up at 46:57. I felt strong and ran 7:30's the whole way, right where I was training to run at. I was very pleased with the run, 6 minutes faster than last year. HR 169



Total was 2:18:34. Adding 5:30 to that for the short bike it makes 2:24:00 which is 5.5 minutes faster than last year which was a wetsuit race.

No comments: