Sunday, June 26, 2005

Friday - Saturday - Sunday

Friday:

Swim 3500yds 1:10, Endurance speed workouts

Bike 38.2, 1:53 HR 143, very hot 95 degrees, I cut the run cuz of the heat



Saturday

Swim 3000yds at trout lake, swam without wetsuit cuz I'm thinking that Muncie will be a non-wetsuit race. It's been so warm lately that most of the lakes have got to be near 78 degrees. If it is wet suit legal then it will be a bonus. Laps at the lake were near 12:40 which is 45-50 seconds slower than with a wetsuit.

Bike 65.5 3:20:00 HR 135, very hot again 93 to 95 degrees.



Sunday

Run 5.1 miles easy 44:49 HR 145

Bike 43.6 miles 2:14:46 HR 134, hard at times but not allways

Run 5.1 miles 41:51 HR 152, a bit brisk but it seemed easy



I started early (7am) to beat the heat, it was about 70 deg F when I started. Felt pretty flat for the first run, I probably should have ate a gel before hand but I had eaten a banana and a cliff bar about 30 min before the run and I didn't want to over-do it.



When I got on the bike I felt cold, probably cuz it's been so hot lately, I was about to go back and get my leg warmers but the computer said 70 degrees so I stayed out. I started to work on race day nutrition, 1 gel every 30 minutes and 1 bottle of Gatorade (24oz) every hour. That's near 300 calories an hour which will probably be a little bit light. Next week I'll go up to 400 calories an hour, I've allways been very comfortable there.



The second run went very easy, I took two small bottles of gatorade in my fuel belt and blasted off pretty quickly (for me:). It was starting to get warmer by then and I was glad that I started early.



Overall I was pretty happy with the workout and will probably repeat it again next sunday.

No comments: