Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday's run

I took wednesday off of training, I was supposed to take monday off but the weather was good that day and I didn't want to waste a good training opportunity. I didn't have much sleep on tuesday night cuz of Justin's hockey game so it fit it the schedule well.



Today had a 10 mile run, 1:31:08, ave HR 151, 43 sec recovery to 120bpm. That seems to be a bit fast for an easy run for me but for some reason it was harder to get my HR up, and after 4 miles of warming up, it seemed really easy to run that speed. I feel it is because I have been running at the top of zone 2 for a while now and am getting more efficient. This is getting me to rethink my training plan last summer. Instead of keeping my HR under 150 for most of my longer runs, I should have let it go up to 153-155. Oh well, live and learn.



Took the bike into Bikesport today to get the bottom bracket looked at and they said it needed to be replaced. I requested it to be done by tuesday and they said it was no problem. I'll have to ride the road bike this weekend.

No comments: