Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sunday 20 mile run

20 mile run today, 3:16:22 (9:49 pace) ave HR 149. 64 degrees outside and sunny. Nutrition was 1 gel every 3 miles, 28 oz of gatorade, 28 oz of accelerade (I ran out of gatorade mix). Finished 2 lbs lighter than I started so I will need some more fluid during a race or warmer weather. Felt pretty good for most of the run, Roman K was on his bike and he talked with me for 8 miles, the second 8 mile loop was pretty good but by mile 12 I started feeling a blister on my right foot in the arch. I thought it was from not having my shoes tight enough but it turned out to be from the logo on my sock, go figure, these were new socks, I'll make sure that I race with my old pair that are worked in. Knees felt good throughout the run, the blister pain dulled out after mile 16, I took a nature break at 15 miles which made me feel a lot better, I didn't include that in the total time. The last mile was tough but I think that's because I knew I was allmost done. I definitely could have gone farther but I didn't know what happened to my foot and didn't want to take any risks. I kind of have the chills right now and am going to take a shower to warm up. It was the right thing for me to not run yesterday cuz of the rain, today was a great day for a run.

No comments: