Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sunday bike ride

Talk about tired legs. I was pretty tired when I started the ride but got better as I got warmer, the last two days had 10 mile runs each day. Started at about 45 degrees and it warmed up to about 60. I took my coat off at about 50 miles and felt a lot better. Today's ride, 78.7 miles, 4:19:31, 18.1 mph, ave HR 140. I rode out to Island lake rec area again and it felt like I rode against the wind for most of it. When I got back I was surprised at the speed I went, I figured that I would be near 17 mph. Something weird about the ride today, I saw about a million caterpillers on the paths I rode on and it was like a slalom riding down the rail trail. I did my best not to squish them but it seems like if I seem them, I hit them. I missed some of my swims this week and am going to to a little more swimming at lunches this week. Nothing hard, just more time for the feel of the water.

No comments: