Saturday, October 02, 2004

Saturday

Well, the weather didn't cooperate with my training plans, it is raining and about 52 degrees so instead of running in the cold wet weather, getting sick and missing a week of training, I just swam with my swim club this morning. I feel that this is the best decision right now being 5 weeks out from IMFL, I will do the run tomorrow when it is supposed to be sunny and 65. ------ Today's club swim I felt very strong and led much of the workout, (the 300's, kicks and 4 decending 50's) it looks like the yards I'm putting in are paying off quicker that I had thought. 3100 yds, 450 warm up, 3X300 @ 6:00, 5X50 kick, 4X(4X25 broken IM, 100 IM), 100 easy, 8X50 decending sets of 4, 200 cool down. Today I did my first full lengths of Butterfly, those just killed me but were fun. There was no sense in me trying to lead those laps. Someone helped me with my kick for breast stroke, it's comming along slowly. All in all a pretty solid workout for me.

No comments: