Friday, August 06, 2004

TGIF

Last work day of the week, avoided some arguments, fixed a lot of tough stuff with Tom's help of course and even squeezed in a swim at lunch. --------- OK back to training stuff. -------- Friday training: 1500yds at lunch left me feeling good the rest of the workday, maybe it released some stress, still looking for the speed that I had back in June, yardage has been low last month and that's probably the reason. I'm going to try to get back to 10,000 a week, even if it is really easy swims, I'll probably continue to swim at lunch about 3 times a week, I really enjoy that. The run: Since I cut wednesdays run from 2:30:00 to 1:45:00 I needed to make up some base time which is what I feel I need, so I changed my run today from 4 miles of speedwork (which is really 2 miles of speedwork and 2 miles of warmup and cool down) to 10 miles of base. Nice weather to run in, maybe 78 degrees 1:38:23, HR of 149. Very even run, felt crappy for the first mile 'till I warmed up then I felt great, did 1 gel at 3 miles and that was it. I felt as if I could have run several miles further but didn't cuz I didn't want to go over my alloted run time this week. Gettin' ready for my ride this weekend. Yee Haaaaaa!!!

No comments: