Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Monday -- Day off

A day off, I was tempted to swim easy but decided to sit at home, clean my bike, cook dinner, watch TV and generally just rest. Kind of got bored after watching reruns of "Friends" and "Seinfeld". Went to bed early to get extra sleep. ---------- The week ahead is an easy week and it includes a .75 hr swim on tuesday, 1.5 hr run on wednesday, .5 hr swim and 1 hr bike on thursday, .5 hr run test on friday, bike test on saturday plus some easy riding totaling 2 hrs and an Olympic distance race on sunday. The swim portion will probably be without a wetsuit so I have changed my goal of 25 minutes to 29 minutes. Still looking for 1:08:00 on the bike and most importantly 0:50:00 for the run. I'm hoping to reap some of the benefits of the basework I've been doing to help me with this race. This not being an "A" race, I'm not expecting to "Tear it up." Wish me luck!!!

No comments: