Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday's brick

Had a little built up energy in me so I did my brick a little harder than I planned. 18 mile bike at 0:56:00, 20.2 mph, 4 mile run in 0:33:16, 8:19 min/mile pace, that is fast running for me but I felt great. Today was a speed work day for running allready, I just did the whole thing fast instead of doing a fartlek. This is one heck of a confidence booster going into a race. I have a new way of thinking for the run now, kind of hard to explain but I got it from a guy on Slowtwitch.com. As well as concentrating on running form, I just go through my body checklist, first I say "Legs, are you OK?" then they reply with a yes/no, then I say "Lungs, are you OK?" they they reply with a yes/no, then I check my stomach, feet, head, arms or whatever else that I am using. Sounds kind of silly but it seems to be a form of inspiration when needed. Tomorrow is an easy 2 hour bike followed by a 2 to 3 mile easy run. Probably swim a little bit too to work on left sided breathing and to have some fun.

No comments: