Friday, March 23, 2007

Thursday bike ride

Bike
2:04:xx 39.3 miles HR 138 156 watts

I've been sacrificing a swim to get a bike ride in since I feel I am behind on my biking. The weather was very nice and I really felt like riding. It was a bit windy going out and I saw a lot of 200 watts, which is high for me, so the speed was down in the beginning. I decided to ride up 5 mile hill (.6 miles at 5-6% grade) at 300 watts. I was a bit gassed at the top but still held on to that effort. HR went up in the high 160's for that effort.

The first 19 miles I averaged just over 170 watts (I turned around then) and was well on my way to staying that high. Around 30 miles in I hooked up with Roman and Shawn and road easy for a while, somewhere around 120 watts so that brought the average down a bit but was nice to talk to friends and get some inspiration from them.

Overall a good day, had fun and got done with training early. I still desperately need to clean my bike though.

No comments: