Monday, March 19, 2007

Friday Saturday Sunday

Friday
I had to work on my car so I missed my run for that day

Swim
3000 yards
Don't remember the whole workout. It had a lot of off-stroke stuff though :P

Saturday
Swim 3800yards
650 warm up
4X225 on 3:45
8X50 kick
8X100 last 25 non free
250 pull
12X50 rotating IM
200 cool down

Run 8.3 miles 1:06:20 HR 144
I picked it up in the last 2 miles and felt pretty good. In the last 3/4 mile I wanted to know what I could do so I went pretty hard and finished at a 6:40 pace. I was surprised that I could run that fast and feel that good, yes I was going pretty hard but still not that uncomfortable like it would have been last year. This route is Hines Drive out to Newburg Rd without taking the loop through the park (it's flooded) and then running down to Plymouth road to pick up the extra .4 miles to finish over 8.

Sunday
Run 2 miles on the treadmill to get warmed up. I decided not to go further and work on some flexability instead.

Bike spin class 60 minutes HR 133

Run 8.3 miles 1:06:35 HR 143
Same route as saturday but I ran the miles evenly this time and without the fast ending. Felt pretty good again and ran a lot of miles under 8 min/mile which has seemed to be a roadblock for the last few years in training. I feel the reason I'm running faster is because of the quicker turnover I have now, the lower HR is something that's still a mystery to me. Maybe the lower HR is from my legs pumping blood from the quicker turnover, just a thought.

No comments: