Saturday, January 27, 2007

Near the end of the Week

Thursday
Swim 1500 meters
Bike 60 minutes in spin class

Didn't feel particularly good for either one so I didn't push it at all. This stomach bug has slowed me down quite a bit. The good news is that I'm feeling better now despite going into this morning's swim a bit shakey.

Planning on running on the treadmill later today after my son's performance, nothing hard just 45 to 60 min of easy running, about as much as I can stand. When I get home I've got to do a lot of cleaning since my place is a disaster from last week of doing absolutely nothing. I might spin for a few minutes on my bike if I'm feeling particularly strong.

This bug has also got me down a few more pounds since I really didn't eat much untill thursday. I've hit my goal of 142 lbs now and will start to concentrate on maintaining that weight. I haven't been this light since I was 18 years old and in my opinion my arms are looking scary thin. I'm also changing my diet to include more protein and fats than I had. My little experiement of eating nothing but vegetables and rice for dinner seemed to work well for losing weight but not so well for energy and performance. Going to try and get at least 6 ozs of protein from chicken or beef a day, will probably be in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 ozs. I'm also going to make an appointment with a dietician that was recommended to me by a friend.

The swim this morning went OK but I felt drained late in the swim when I'm normally very strong. I know it's from the lack of calories as I was hitting the Gatorade pretty strong for the buzz. I stopped a little short to get organized for my club's clother order. The swim went like this:

3000 yds
600 warm up
10X100 on 1:50 as
--1 to 3 breathe 3, 5, 7 strokes
--4 to 6 decending
--7 to 10 fast (came in around 1:22 to 1:25)

3X200 pull on 3:45

200 free on 4:00 (work on some drills for this group)
2X100 on 2:00
4X50 on 1:00
200 on 4:00

No comments: