Monday, January 15, 2007

I got a little bit behind, here's the skinny

I wanted to swim a meet on sunday (which I did) but I really wasn't sure if I should rest up for it or just train through it. Since I was a bit tired, I decided to rest and broke my chain of consecutive 45 mile run weeks. I feel that it was a good thing.

Saturday I swam about half of the workout I posted then worked with some new swimmers for the rest of the practice. Kind of selfish reasons cuz I really wanted to be stronger for the Sunday's meet. I decided not to run that night cuz of the crappy weather.

Sunday I swam 7 events
1000 yard free 15:02.1 - a personal best by about 15 seconds
800 mixed relay (200 yards) I swam 3rd
100 IM 1:39 - the first time I've done this and I know I can go quicker
100 free 1:11 - a few seconds off my best
200 free 2:37 - a personal best by 2 seconds
400 free realy (100 yards) I swam 2nd
500 free 7:24 - 7 seconds off my best but I was pretty tired as this was the last event

The duel between Dave D and I continues where he's faster in the shorter events and I'm faster in the longer events. The real test will be when we get back to open water racing and I don't have the flip turns to help me out. I've been told that's how I beat him in the longer stuff.

I planned on running later that night but I was just so tired. 2200 yard of racing took it's toll on me. When I got home I just sat on the couch, watched "Airplane!" and dozed off about 8:30pm

4 comments:

:) said...

Nice meet. You deserve the rest.

Airplane is a classic...!

jaretj said...

Looks like I picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue :)

jaretj

Doug said...

That was a great meet. Thanks for the help Saturday.

And I definitely picked the wrong day to stop drinking.

jaretj said...

Any time Doug