Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday race simulation

I went a little bit beyond where I should have today. The combination of yesterday's and today's training was a little bit too much for me.



Run 5.1 miles 42:11 HR 147

Bike 52.9 miles 2:36 HR 142

Run 4.8 miles 40:45 HR 152



I felt great on the first run and the bike but the second run I had some trouble with. On my way back I walked for about .3 miles cuz I was so tired, after that brief rest, I resumed running. I didn't realize that I was dehydrated untill I got home and weighed myself. I've normally been 146-147 lately, after the last run I was 142, that's the lightest I've been since I was 18!!! That seemed to be dangerously low for me, allmost 3% of my body weight.



I was guaging race day nutrition today and I found that I will need a bit more fluid than I had thought. I started with 1 gel for the first run and then 1 gel at the end. A quick drink of water in transition then 5 gels on the bike, 1 every 30 minutes and 2 large bottles of Gatorade. Second transition I had about 10 oz of Gatorade again then back to the run. 1 gel 1.5 miles into run, and 14 oz of Gatorade. About 3.5 miles into the run I needed a short break, then started to run again and felt much better. About 1250 calories in 4 hrs, 312.5 per hour, a bit short of the 400 I was planning on.



It was 75 to 80 degrees during the workout and I figure that I'll probably need 2 more bottles (about 35-40ozs) of fluid on the bike. Maybe one of them could be water.



It was another decent week of training, my last hard one for a while. I was a bit short on swimming but the bike and run distances were decent. I started feeling much better in the water on Saturday. :) This was a 4 week cycle and the last week was tough. I usually do 3 week cycles. The Ann Arbor Triathlon race week is what really screwed up this cycle.



Swim 6000 yds
Bike 176.2 miles
Run 31.9 miles
15:45:56

No comments: