Monday, July 18, 2005

Clark Lake Triathlon race report

Yes, I did another race this weekend, The Clark Lake Triathlon is a sprint race and I raced it for the club points. I didn't expect it to go that well but I did pretty good anyway.



800m swim, 13 mile bike, 4 mile run

(16:09, 1:26, 36:01, 1:23, 33:06

Another No-Wetsuit swim and it went well, I started on the outside to keep out of the way but wound up passing a lot of people. On the way back I had to swim around 20 to 30 people from the previous waves which made it quite interesting.



After a decent run up to the bike I had a fairly quick transition and was off on the bike with no trouble. I just didn't have the legs to push the gear that I wanted to and wound up averaging only 21.7mph (compared to 22.4 at Muncie) a little dissapointing but still I expected it.



The run went pretty well too, averaged 8:11 miles the day after a HIM made me feel good. I was able to get the HR up to 165 but that was about it. I finished strong and beat last year's time by about 2 minutes.



Now about 3 or 4 easy days and I'll be back at it again. My resting HR this morning was 54bpm, I'm normally about 45 so I guess I'm a still a bit stressed. I'm also still hovering around 145 lbs. I wish I would have weighed myself after Muncie, I'm guessing I was around 142 lbs.

No comments: