Saturday, July 02, 2005

Friday - Saturday

I felt so tired on friday that 2200yds is all that I wanted to swim, I tried pushing myself into swimming longer but I wanted to quit so bad. I normally don't have days like that but I figured my body was saying to take a break, so I did.



I ate a ton of food after the swim. 2 bowls of spagatti and I was still hungry so I made a hot dawg :) and some baked beans too. After that I ate about 1/2 lb of strawberries then, 1 or 2 bananas and a bowl of cereal. Think I also had a slice of cheese or two while something was cooking.



I felt much better saturday morning after 10 hours of sleep. Swam strong at trout lake, first two lengths were 12:40's (normal for me) second two laps at 12:10's. The first two I wore my red quintana roo shirt, the second two I wore me team shirt. I wanted to know if the team shirt would slow me down cuz I had a bad swim in it at the Ann Arbor triathlon. It didn't, quandry solved, I've got confidence in it again.



Still thinking that Muncie will be a non-wetsuit swim and will be going into the swim with more confidence in my non-wetsuit swimming ability.



Bike 62.7 miles in about 3:30, rode with group and kept pace down. It was nice riding in 70 degree weather, 25 degrees cooler than last weekend. Felt strong, rode Island lake, trail to South Lyon, back to the hills in Kensington and the big one on Kensington road and then back through Island Lake again.



Run on Yellow trail, 6 miles in about 50 minutes, very nice wooded trail, I will definitely be running on that one again. Gavin and I were very pleased with it, shaded and soft. I might try the blue trail sometime too, think it's about 9 miles.

No comments: