Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday

Run 45 minutes 5.2 miles HR 135
Bike 1:00 HR 128 139 watts

My running HR keeps falling and I'm not quite sure if I should pick up the pace or stick with it.

I normally use Daniels paces for intensity and I'm closer to the easy pace now than I've ever been.  
Friel HR training says my zone 1 is 115 to 148 and zone 2 is 149 to 158 so most of my easy running is deep down in zone 1 right now and I feel I should be training in lower zone 2.  Currently I feel strong but have lacked the motivation to ride on the bike trainer for much more than 5 hours.

Starting next week I'm going to be adding a different run training stress for 1 day.  Since I have historically responded well to 1 mile tempo intervals (and they are my favorite too) I'm going to find a place to add 3 miles of tempo.  8% of 35 miles a week is 2.8 miles which is close enough to 3 miles for me.

No comments: