Sunday, January 06, 2008

Training Thoughts

The past few weeks have served as a template for the next several. There are 20 weeks untill DATT and 30 weeks untill Steelhead, it's time for me to start getting serious.

This week was 14 hours long and I accomlished a more balanced week with respect to biking.
23% Swim
46% Bike
31% Run
For this early in the year that's a lot of biking for me, I really think that's going to be the key to next season.

I'm going to try to work off of this basic week for a while.
Mon - Run Swim
Tue - Bike Run
Wed - Swim Run
Thu - Bike/Run Brick
Fri - Swim Run
Sat - Swim Bike (Bike quality)
Sun - Bike Run

4 Swims Near 4 hours
4 Bike rides - 5 to 6 hours
6 Runs - Near 5 hours

Going to keep the intensity on the swim and bike but am going to wait a while to bring it to the run as I don't thing I'm strong enough right now.

No comments: