Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saturday afternoon and Sunday

Sat Bike 43.7 miles 2:15 HR 128

Very windy and a little bit chilly, it was just under 60 degrees.



I did some bike maintenance Saturday night. Cleaned drive train and did some R&R on the shifting system trying to get it to work better. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new deraileur this season. It took a pretty good hit last september.



I replaced the bottom bracket earlier this week thinking it was going bad but it turned out that it was OK, I still replaced it and will hold on to the old one as a spare. I still don't like the brakes on the bike and would.



I also had the rear axle out and checked out the bearings cuz I thought I felt some grinding. It was some grit rubbing against the seals, I cleaned that up and it was really smooth again.



Sunday Gordo's HIM Sim

Run 5.1 miles 44:39 HR 141 Ran easy,

Bike 53.7 mile 2:44:00 19.6 mph HR 136 Just below HIM speeds

Run 5.1 miles 42.43 HR 151 Easy 2.5 miles and HIM speed for 2.5 miles



It was very breezy again today with 10-20mph winds out of the east. Sometimes I was down to 17mph going into the wind and 24-26mph with it. I almost cut the bike short but I really needed this workout as a benchmark for myself

1 comment:

Joe said...

Your description of the bike repairs reminds me of the scene from Breaking Away where Dave fixes up a beat up bike for the "big race". Have you ever seen that movie? It's funny and inspirational.