Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mon-Tue-Wed

Sorry I have fallen behind on the log



This is an easy week for me.



Mon MTB 15 miles in about 1:45. I rode the trail at Maybury, it was more technical than the Poto and didn't have many spots to get into a rhythm. It didn't seem like as much fun.



Tue Swim 2400 ME #2 from my workout book.

Warm up 700yds

4X100 at T leaving on 1:45

300 pull

3X100 at T-5 leaving on 1:40

300 pull

3X100 at T leaving on 1:45

100 cool down



Started to run but felt clumsy so I stopped after 1/2 mile.



Wed Run Daniels Q1 workout

12.9 miles 1:48 HR 150

2 miles Easy (8:30 to 8:40)

5X5 min at 7:25 1 min easy jogs

60 minutes easy pace (8:30 to 8:40)



I felt pretty strong throughout the whole workout. I started the 5 min intervals a little easy at 7:50, by the last 3 I was at speed. The 1 hour easy seemed very easy for me but I still kept the right pace. Finished strong and my HR recovered under 120 within 30 seconds. 1 gel after the intervals and then 1 more with 3 miles to go so I wouldn't bonk.



I saw a lot of friends among the zillion people on Hines Drive. Drew was the first followed by Dawn. I yelled to her that Drew was a minute ahead of him and she sped off to catch him. My dad and Diane were out there, John Logon was putting in some long miles. Another gentleman from my club said "Hi" but I can't remember his name. Finally Roman K was driving home from work in his truck and yelled at me too.



It's nice to see so many friends out training on a beautiful day. It was about 75 degrees and sunny with a little wind from the west. I started running with the wind so I could come back against it and get cooled off, it worked well.

No comments: