Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday

I didn't get to swim at lunch today. There has been so much to do that I only got a 15 min lunch.



Bike 44.3 miles 2:14:03 HR 142



I have been working with my gears trying to get as much as I can for the TTT. I have replaced my 44 inner ring with a 39 that I had laying around. I was concerned that the difference between the 39 and the 55 tooth big ring would be to much but it has been shifting perfectly so far. Along with the 39, I have a 12-27 on the bike with 650 wheels, I now have a lot of gear to get up hills.



The only problem I have is that while on the small ring, I can only get up to the 7th rear cog cuz the chain rubs against the big ring.



I didn't do much climbing today, just my normal ride up 5 mile hill and Hines end to end so I didn't need the extra gear but I went through them anyway to make sure they work. I'll be at Pinckney this sunday and will use them there. I still feel I have a problem with power/weight cuz on the flats I feel good but on hills, not so good, but better than a week ago.

No comments: