Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thursday's run

Well, I was supposed to run yesterday but I had so much stuff to do plus I kind of had a cough so I saved the run for today. -------- Planned 10 miles and thought of adding 2 miles if I felt good, well ... I felt good. 12 miles 1:57:12, HR 147. Went out and kept HR under 145 and let it drift up to 150 on the way back. 10 min/miles going out, near 9:30's on the way back. On the return trip I let myself run free, kind of not restrained to any type of form and let my body run the way it wanted to. My candence was up to 186, leaned more forward than I usually do and kind of rolled my feet instead of trying to land mid-foot but definitely not a hard heel-strike. It felt efficient, that's the best I can describe it, upper body seemed more relaxed than normal cuz I wasn't trying to hold my arms up high. I'm going to have to experiment with this a little more. It sure was a lot easier than trying to run in the sand like last sunday ;)

No comments: