Sunday, September 12, 2004

Sunday "The Great Lake Escape"

Sunday's race. 2 hr drive to get to the race so I left at 330am. I missed most of the mandatory meeting at 530 but I caught bits and pieces from other competitors. Boarded a bus at 630am and got to the ferry boat at 645. About 715 we left the dock and got to the start line at about 745. Started at 800am by jumping off the boat and swimming to shore. Swim time was 34 somthing, much longer than expected, I really think the swim was long cuz I have been swimming 26 and 27's all season. Waves wern't too bad and the water temp was about 70, I used my sleeveless suit. -------- I planned on 1:11:00 for the bike and went a little too fast, finished about 1:09 something. Bike course was pretty flat, little wind, decent roads. HR for the bike was 167, I thought it would be lower cuz I got it down early in the ride plus I rode in the low 160's for most of it. There were some peaks over some hills but I didn't think they were that high. ------- The run - not a course for a PR. About 80% of the run was on the beach. What wasn't on the beach was on the grass and a short bit of concrete. 57 something for the run, HR 170. I'll get the exact times when they are published. Started out cool and then got hot while on the run. I think the temp was about 83 when I finished.

No comments: